The greenstone parish church is dedicated to Saint Wilfrid and is a Grade II listed building dating from the 15th century and restored in 1890 by Ewan Christian. The organ within the church is one of the oldest organs in Britain. It originally was situated in the Choristers’ Practice Room of Magdalen College, Oxford in 1740. The village is mentioned in the 1086 Doomsday Book, with 19 households and Robert the Bursar as Lord of the Manor.
Postcode: LN9 5JX
Get daily updates on the festival in social media: